Not-For-Profit or Non-Profit Organizations
Wherever you are, not-for-profit businesses face unique accounting requirements. We are familiar with them all. Wherever you are located, get to know us for dealing with your accounting needs. Our extensive knowledge and experience gives us a passion for solving problems that are unique to the non-profit organizations. Let our tax compliance and financial reporting expertise help your organization meet all required guidelines.
The IRS has specific reporting requirements for not-for profit organizations that must be met each and every year in order to continue to qualify for tax-exempt status. This includes submitting Form 990 and its relations, including a number of specific items such as:
- An Income Statement providing category breakdowns on donations, salaries paid, rent, postage and more.
- Revenues and expenses also need to be broken down in detail.
- A Balance Sheet that accounts for cash, accounts payable and accounts receivable and more.
- A Functional Expense Statement that provides information on all expenses related to fundraising, program services provided and general operations.
- An Individual Program Expense Statement spelling out each program or service’s expenses, including any mailings that are sent out or educational programs that have been held.
- Detailed Revenue Support Schedules providing information on the sources from which the organization gets its income, including a breakdown of specific category revenues for membership fees, donations, investment revenue and the like.
In addition to preparing these important support documents, we are also able to provide you with business services specifically designed for the needs of tax-exempt organizations. Our services include:
- The preparation and review of financial statements for the organization
- Creation, installation and maintenance of an Accounting System specific to your needs.
- Payroll preparation on a weekly, biweekly or monthly schedule.
- Preparation of Payroll Taxes, as well as setting up deposits.
- Bookkeeping training on the accounting system for your staff.
- Preparation and filing of all non-profit status paperwork and applications.
- Special training for your advisory board regarding how to properly use non-profit financial statements, as well as budgeting for non-profit expenses.
- Preparation and submission of all tax forms, including the 990 and 990T forms
- Preparation of all incorporation documentation, as well as all other paperwork required for non-profit startups, including federal employee identification number and payroll set up.
- We provide benefit documentation as well as the preparation of pastoral housing allowances for churches in keeping with the dual status of ministers.
- IRS representation
- IRS case resolution
You do important work for the community. Start a personal relationship that will match your needs with effective accounting solutions.